Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lysandra I am the luckiest person I know. I live and work on the windward side of beautiful Oahu, Hawaii. I love what I do. I have a terrific family that appreciates my innate need to re-create the beauty around me in photographs. My clients and their most joyful, real moments are the primary source of that beauty - and our gorgeous Oahu scenery is the perfect backdrop. My style has been described as lush, romantic, vibrant, natural, relaxed, and carefree.

Although I am based on the windward side of Oahu, I love to travel! Just ask about service across Oahu, to the outer islands, or to the mainland.

I am a proud volunteer for Operation Love ReUnited, which serves our deployed military service members and their families. I believe in giving them something to which they can hold on, during a time of letting go. I am also a member of HeArts Speaks, which connects photographers with animal rescues.


Please contact me at lysandra@lysandracookphotography.com
(808) 741-9429

header


Newsletter

Friday, April 22, 2011

Hula in Kauai: Lysandra Cook Oahu Photography

Back in September I had the pleasure of traveling with my halau to Kauai. We were joined by our sister halau from Japan and we met up with our hula brothers and sisters from all over the islands and world.

Here are three of my lovely hula sisters, the one in the middle also happens to be my daughter.

Hawaii photographer 7

Here is most of our gang. We took in some sights, including a trip back to Fern Grotto where we danced Aloha Kauai for the other visitors.
Hawaii photographer 1

We worked hard to clear a sacred site. It was hard, sweaty work but we all felt blessed to be able to work such special land.

Hawaii photographer 4

After the hard work we went up and danced on another sacred site. It was amazing to dance on the same land that has been danced on for hundreds of years. We were graced with a double rainbow while we were dancing. I often wish I could hula with my 5D strapped to my chest. These were taken as the sun went down after we danced.
Hawaii photographer 2

We chanted up the sun and danced at another sacred site with many other dancers from all over. It was amazing to share such aloha.
Hawaii photographer 6

And we had fun, fun, fun.
Hawaii photographer 5

That is my daughter and two of her best friends on the left. On the right is me and my hula sister from Japan.
Hawaii photographer 3

I am so happy to have my hula ohana.

No comments: