Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome to my blog! My name is Lysandra I am the luckiest person I know. I live and work on the windward side of beautiful Oahu, Hawaii. I love what I do. I have a terrific family that appreciates my innate need to re-create the beauty around me in photographs. My clients and their most joyful, real moments are the primary source of that beauty - and our gorgeous Oahu scenery is the perfect backdrop. My style has been described as lush, romantic, vibrant, natural, relaxed, and carefree.

Although I am based on the windward side of Oahu, I love to travel! Just ask about service across Oahu, to the outer islands, or to the mainland.

I am a proud volunteer for Operation Love ReUnited, which serves our deployed military service members and their families. I believe in giving them something to which they can hold on, during a time of letting go. I am also a member of HeArts Speaks, which connects photographers with animal rescues.


Please contact me at lysandra@lysandracookphotography.com
(808) 741-9429

header


Newsletter

Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Family of the New Year: Lysandra Cook Oahu Family Photographer

It is the new year and I have big plans to update my blog more often. There are many sessions that didn't make it up on the blog last year, some were because of internet shyness on the part of the family but most were because I didn't make the time. I pledge to do a much better job this year. You can always view my Facebook business page to keep up on my latest work.

This beautiful, young family was my first session of 2012. We met at Kalama Beach Park in Kailua, one of my favorite places to shoot on the Windward side.

Their one year old cutie was not shy in the least. In fact when we met in the parking lot before the shoot he immediately put his arms out for me to hold him. As soon as we hit the park he wanted down and was on the go. I swear the little guy was the fastest crawler ever.

He also had the biggest smile.
Kalama Family 4

He was zooming around while I shot a few pictures of Mom and Dad.
Kalama Family 5

He loved playing with Dad.
Kalama Family 1

He loved exploring the sand, and eating a little.
Kalama Family 3

He was fascinated with the sights and sounds of the beach.
Kalama Family 2

I had a wonderful first shoot of the new year! Here is to many more!

14 comments:

Jeni said...

What a gorgeous couple! I love them all, but the ones of the dad throwing the kid are so cute! Nice job!

Megan said...

THese are adorable! Love the real happiness of this family. What joy you captured.

Salina J said...

He is so adorable, these are fun and really show his happiness. Cute family!

Kristi said...

These are great! What an adorable family!!:)

Jessica Washburn said...

What a fun, beautiful session! Their little guy is just too cute!

Kimbery said...

Adorable baby! You've captured some wonderful connections. Great work.

Helen Savage said...

Beautiful shots of a gorgeous family, great work!

Melissa Klein said...

What a seriously GORGEOUS family! These are fantastic, but that last shot is stunning - love it!

jen said...

Love these-what a gorgeous family! That first one is too cute! :D

Lysandra Cook Photography said...

Thank you! He was a real doll!

Maria said...

Beautiful! I really love that first one!

Stephanie Mballo said...

what a beautiful family! Gorgeous images! He looks like such a happy little guy!

amanda said...

What a beautiful family! You can just feel the tenderness in these shots.

Jaidean said...

So adorable! Love the exploring the sand series of photos!